Saturday, April 16, 2011

Real Runner Second Class

Hello all!

Well it has been a while, but things are starting to come together. The last week or so I've started to feel like a real runner again. I've been slogging through runs for months now, but I've been faking it. But about a month ago or so I started watching my calorie intake and it has made a huge difference. In fact I've lost about 20 lbs. This is significant for anyone, but when you are running it is HUGE. It means for me running 11 to 12 minute miles instead of 13 to 14 minute miles. There is this funny phenomenon with running. The faster you go the more weight you lose and the more weight you lose the faster you go. Now don't get me wrong...I am still a slug in the running community.

Don't try to make me feel better because I have proof. Today I ran an 8K (For those of you not familar with the metric system that is 4.8 miles) in Ann Arbor and the weather was perfect for running, 50 or so and overcast. There were 108 people in the race and I finished 102nd. I suppose I'm to feel pleased that I finished and most of today I have been. But then there is that part of me that wishes I was the thin fast girl pulling ahead of me with her flawless ponytail bopping up and down. Ah well, I finished and my amazing friends (ACS colleagues) were waiting for me at the finish. They saved me a water and a banana and really what else do you need.

Until next time...

No comments: